The Church of the United Brethren in Christ was organized at the house of Father John Walker, on Canoe Creek, in 1847, where the earliest meetings were held. The first church was built in 1849, at a cost of three hundred dollars, but replaced by a new one in 1868, at an expense of $3,000. The pastors have been Herman Scott, Moses Clifton, E. Church, John Dollarhide, W. E. Henry, F. Dietz, Merrit Lathrop, J. K. M. Looker, A. B. Frasier, J. H. Young, G. Brisby, George Snyder, C. Wendle, J. H. Grimin, W. R. Coursey, S. F. Medlar and C. Bender.
Source: Historic Rock Island County, pub. Kramer & Company, Rock Island, Illinois, 1908