The Belgian Catholic population of this city had worshiped at St. Mary’s church ever since the organization of that parish, some thirty years ago. But with the growth of the city, the need of a separate congregation became more and more apparent. In answer to an often expressed desire, Bishop John Lancaster Spalding of Peoria organized this congregation in September, 1906. Building operations were started in November of the same year, and completed M March, 1907. The work has met with the hearty and enthusiastic support of the membership, which is upward of three hundred families. In September, 1907, there was opened in connection with the church, a parochial school, numbering at present two hundred and sixty pupils. This school follows the public school program in all its grades and is free to children of all denominations. The congregation possesses at present a church and school edifice, a parsonage, and a residence for the Sisters conducting the school. The present pastor is Reverend J. B. Ceulemans, residence 1304 Sixteenth Avenue, Moline, Illinois.
Source: Historic Rock Island County, pub. Kramer & Company, Rock Island, Illinois, 1908