Reverend Joseph Elliot, a clergyman from Ohio came here in November, 1850, on a visit to his son, residing here. He was invited to preach, and did so; curiosity drawing a large congregation to hear the stranger. On the evening of January 18, 1851, the church was organized, with twenty members, the Reverend Mr. Elliot being its first pastor, succeeded by Reverends Ebernhart, L. C. Carr, F. D. Rickerson, William Patterson, Isaac Newell, T. F. Borchers and G. F. Linfield, respectively. The present pastor is the Reverend Benjamin F. Martin.
Source: Historic Rock Island County, pub. Kramer & Company, Rock Island, Illinois, 1908