This church was organized July 27, 1865, by Elder H. S. P. Warren, Laura J. Warren, Mary A. Bayte, Mary E. Newton, and E. Warren. The first pastor was Elder H. S. P. Warren. They built a house of worship in 1877, which was greatly improved in 1906. The present pastor is Reverend H. W. Parker.
Source: Historic Rock Island County, pub. Kramer & Company, Rock Island, Illinois, 1908