The Methodist Episcopal Church was founded by the Reverend G. G. Worthington in 1842 or 1843. Among its members were Harmon G. Reynolds, E. F. Arcularius and wife, and Nancy Thompson; the membership being eleven. The church has belonged to respectively the Rock Island circuit, Moline circuit, Port Byron circuit, when in 1865 the Hampton circuit was organized. In 1870 Hampton was joined to Zuma and called Rock River circuit. In 1874 Zuma was cut off and Hampton circuit resumed. The Congregational Church was organized February 15, 1853, by the Reverend A. B. Hitchcock, with a membership of fourteen. A church was built in 1856 and 1857, at a cost of $2,500.
Source: Historic Rock Island County, pub. Kramer & Company, Rock Island, Illinois, 1908