Reverend F. Haney first held service here, as one of the stations on the Camden circuit, and was followed by Reverend John Grundy, who remained two years. The church was organized in 1848, and preaching was done in the school house, until 1854, when the church was built.

Source: Historic Rock Island County, pub. Kramer & Company, Rock Island, Illinois, 1908