The church was organized December 3, 1905, by the coming together of twenty-seven Baptists from the First Church of Moline and Rock Island. They called H. a Hayden as pastor on December 10, 1905. The church grew to sixty-two members. The title to the old Baptist Chapel on Forty-fourth Street was cleared by action of, the First Baptist Church and the residuary heirs of Mr. Sinnett. The building was moved to a lot on the corner of Fifth Avenue and Forty-fourth Street, donated by Mrs. Pauline Sinnett; the parsonage, also donated by her, is on this lot.
Source: Historic Rock Island County, pub. Kramer & Company, Rock Island, Illinois, 1908