The Second Congregational Church of Moline was started as a Mission Sunday School sometime between 1880 and 1890. It was organized as a church June 7, 1891, Reverend J. M. McKnight being its first pastor. There were thirty-two members, twenty-six coming in by letter and six on confession of faith. The first clerk and treasurer was William Gamble. The trustees were C. T. Guy, W. V. Richards, John Williams, J. Stofft and W. T. Ball. The parsonage was built in 1903. The present membership is one hundred and seventy. The present pastor is Reverend Richard S. Haney.
Source: Historic Rock Island County, pub. Kramer & Company, Rock Island, Illinois, 1908